The New Salamander Amphibious Passenger Vehicle
About the Salamander
The Salamander APV has a number of design features:
- 10% buoyancy by way of foam compartmentalisation, therefore remaining afloat even in a fully flooded state
- Uses mechanical sponsons to provide additional stability in the water. Sponsons are housed on the roof of the the vehicle during road transit before being lowered to water level for the maritime portion of the tour
- Bespoke cooling system (patent pending)
- Bespoke electrical system
- Twin propeller propulsion system, powered by hydraulics, providing increased maneuverability in water.
Salamander AV is the exclusive provider of APV’s to City Splash Tours, for the purpose of city sightseeing tours.
City Splash are utilising the Salamander vehicles to facilitate the expansion of their splash tour model across Europe and beyond!